ADC started work on site in June 2013 and completed the first stage of the project at the end of 2014.
The views over the Hutt River out to Wellington Harbour, as well as north towards the Tararuas, are absolutely spectacular.
This high quality retirement community in central Lower Hutt features the use of an AFS Logic concrete wall system designed specifically for the rapid construction of multi – storey apartments and villages. The project included full interior, designer fit-out and hard landscaping.
There were 30-40 trades across the whole project with many of them also local firms. At various stages of the project up to 100 trade workers were on the site at any one time. Working next to the city centre and on an already fully-tenanted existing retirement village. The site was busy, and attracted much interest.
Stage one included:
- 47 apartments in a two storey central complex,
- Two conservatories
- Dining area
- Library nook
- A “men’s shed” was also built providing a great workshop space for residents.
- Caretaker facilities
Stage two included:
- 39 apartments ranging from one to three bedrooms
- Sauna & Spa
- Commercial kitchen and café
- Indoor bowls and games area
- Snooker room
- Beauty salon
- Business centre / computer room
- Arts and crafts centre
- Indoor theatre
- Bar and lounge including an outdoor deck area and fire place
- Staff room
- Library including a fire place
- Grand entrance lobby
- Administration office area for the entire facility
This project is believed to be the largest commercial development seen in Central Hutt since ADC finished the Harvey Norman Centre in 2007.