The aim of Manor Park Hospital is to provide the highest standard of personal and individual care to each resident and to maintain the dignity and well-being of each resident in every respect.
A purpose built single level extension accommodation wing was added to the existing privately owned dementia hospital in Lower Hutt.
The existing hospital was fully operational during the construction of the new extension.
- Water collection storage tanks which service the toilets
- Generator back up power and separate clean water system for residents in case of power loss
- 32-bedroom accommodation wing
- Air-conditioning units in each room
- Double glazed windows
- En-suite in every room
- 3 lounge areas
- Staff meetings rooms
- Garage area for patient transport vehicles
- Nurses station with nurse call systems
- Two main entrances connecting to the existing building
- Main services transferred from existing building to new wing
- Existing hospital fully operational during construction
- BGF Fibre cement boards paneling for exterior cladding
- 2 internal courtyards
- High tech cavity construction roofing system
- Swipe card access security system with a fully lock down facility