This 8-storey building is getting a major face lift including two additional levels added and seismic strengthening
Scope of work includes:
The refurbishment of 149 Featherston St includes:
- Asbestos removal
- Demolition of portions of the existing building and strip down the whole building to bare concrete
- Seismic strengthening of the existing concrete structure
- Two new floors of mass timber and steel structure above the existing concrete structure
- New curtain wall cladding and other facade cladding panels
- New services, plant and equipment
- New core, lifts, internal partitions, stairs, ceilings, and finishes
There are six main consultants working together on the 149 Featherston project – architectural, 2 structural engineering companies, fire, mechanical / hydraulics /electrical /data/security and Facade. They are all working collaboratively using ADC’s construction platform – Procore.
All communication change management and contract management is managed though Procore. ADC is the main administrator for Procore and maintained the access rights to all the consultants, subcontractors and suppliers via different permission levels within Procore.
Working in the CBD does not come without its challenges such as
- Working in Wellington CBD
- Restricted site access
- Anomalies with the existing structure
- Vertical lifting of material
- Bespoke façade, glass and components
These challenges are being dealt by working collaboratively with the project team and our supply chain.