Brandon House – 149 Featherston Street stands on the corner of Brandon and Featherston Street in Wellington CBD. This eight-storey building is getting a major facelift including two additional levels, and seismic strengthening.
Scope of work includes:
- Asbestos removal
- Demolition of portions of the existing building and strip the building down to its core structure
- Seismic strengthening of the existing concrete structure
- Two new floors of mass timber and steel structure above the existing concrete structure
- New curtain wall cladding and other facade cladding panels
- New services, plant and equipment
- New core, lifts, internal partitions, stairs, ceilings, and finishes
There are six main consultants working together on the 149 Featherston project. They are all working collaboratively using Armstrong Downes Commercial’s construction platform: Procore.
All communication change management and contract management is managed through Procore. ADC is the main administrator for Procore and maintained the access rights to all the consultants, subcontractors and suppliers via different permission levels within Procore.
Working in the CBD does not come without its challenges such as:
- Restricted site access
- Anomalies with the existing structure
- Vertical lifting of material
- Bespoke façade, glass and components
These challenges are being dealt with by working collaboratively with the project team and our supply chain.