- Lead the project delivery teams for an award winning construction company
- Great salary package, vehicle, ongoing training and development
- Join the senior leadership team
Manage all projects for Armstrong Downes Commercial, a major player in the Wellington construction sector, as Construction Manager you will lead, manage and review construction performance.
About the role
As the Construction Manager you will be responsible for all live and pending projects managing a large team of Project Directors, Project Managers, Site Managers, Foreman, Leading Hands and Carpenters. In addition, you will also:
- Be responsible for project delivery
- Performance manage all site staff
- Be prepared to react to project issues or client queries
- Maintain governance and produce effective reports
- Maintain risk and manage new opportunities
- Have an oversight of planning and programming for all projects
- Lead, mentor, develop and inspire project staff
- Collaborate with the rest of the senior leadership team
- Establish, develop and maintain relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Contribute to the development of new systems and processes
Skills and Experience
You will expand the ADC team as a senior construction professional with local New Zealand industry experience. We are looking for someone to join who has operated in a Construction Management or Project Director role previously with experience running multiple sites, management of people and strategic implementation. You will also need to be solutions focused, have research capability and an ability to think critically. It is expected that you will have a relevant tertiary qualification alongside a full drivers licence and health and safety qualifications. Ideally you will also have a trade qualification and have been on some type of leadership training.
Armstrong Downes Commercial is an award winning local commercial construction company. Owned and operated by two well respected Wellington construction industry professionals who have a clear growth strategy in place. With over 50 staff their typical projects range from $2M to $25M but they have the ability to deliver $50M and more. Working across a range of project types including commercial, fitout, multi-use, retail, healthcare, process and strengthening they deliver both design & build, ECI and P&G contracts.
At ADC it’s all about the people, training and development opportunities are offered to all staff. We have regular social club events and are always informing staff of the strategic direction of the company.
You will join a fun and dynamic team and will be paid well with a base salary, vehicle, car park, phone, laptop and a flexible working environment.